Thursday, April 7, 2011

Preparing for the Inevitable...Zombie Invasion.

It has been an excellent couple of days in Los Angeles. I have had the chance to hang out and catch up with a bunch of my friends out here, and also had the chance to do a few fun things. Went to one of my favorite places in LA last night, Naja's Place. Its a bar in the marnina at the Redondo Beach pier. Its one wall is open to the outside and the boats/water are only a few feet away. It has a staggering selection of beer on tap as well as some of the best bar food around.

A friend of mine out here recently purchased a Mosin Nagant rifle, so, today we went and threw a little lead down range.


The mosin was fun to shoot, very accurate and has a bit of a kick. While we were there I couldn't help but notice the guy a couple slots down from us had an M1 Garand. As a WW2 history buff, I have been wanting to fire a Garand for a long, long time. Towards the end of the day we were winding down, so I went over to look at the M1. The owner of the gun offered to let me shoot it, something I could not possibly turn down. I couldn't believe how accurate and smooth it was to fire. Firing at a small steel plate 200 yards away I was able to hit 3 of my 4 shots, then handed it over to one of my friends to finish off the bandolier. A little dream come true for me, I was thrilled.


Tomorrow, its off to Cambodia for a couple days, then onto Vietnam. So we shall see what kind of internet connection we have over there, hopefully you will hear from me again in a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment