Tuesday, April 12, 2011

How much for tuk tuk?

Sorry for the lack of updates. Brian had a monopoly on computer time while in Cambodia. I am currently in Hanoi, Vietnam and for some reason the wifi works on my phone but not on my laptop, so I'll try a photo update from the phone.

We arrived in cambodia at 11:30 or so Saturday night. We were greeted by our driver who led us to a Tuk Tuk, which is a rickshaw pulled by a scooter. Checked in at our hotel after midnight and arranged for the driver to pick us up at 5 am to go shoot sunrise. After showering and getting photo gear unpacked and ready to go it was after 1:30 before I went to bed. Of course I could not fall asleep until 2:30 or so. After 2 hours of fitfull sleep, I was up and off to the temples.


On the second morning after a disappointing sunrise location was abandoned, we headed to another temple. En route we found this scene which I couldn't pass up. All it's missing a nice waterbuffalo.


After taking the previous photo we moved on to this temple. We were there mid day the day before, terrible light, way too many people. This time, we had the place to ourselves with beautiful morning light.


Another temple, this one used for cremation. Sometimes the harsh midday light actually makes the photo better.

I'm sorry for the lack of detail, typing on a phone does not quite have the same flow as a keyboard. Perhaps I will have wifi again in the next couple days and I can go back and edit. I also do not know what picture quality will be like, apologies if they are not all that great. Perhaps a Hanoi update later this evening as well, we shall see.

1 comment:

  1. MORE PLEASE!
    No computer is no excuse! This is Angkor Wat, Greggors... you must show us more!

    ReplyDelete