Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hoi An

Yesterday we hired a driver to take us from Hue to Hoi An. Its a little over 3 hours, but it is a spectacular drive. Much of it is along the coast and the Hai Van pass is quite stunning. Hoi An is, well, touristy. But, it does have a certain charm to it in a Disney kinda way. Everyone here wants money to take a photo, I have come to accept this and most photos cost me 50cents or a dollar. I don't like paying, but, if its what I have to do to get photos of people, then so be it. Last night was the lantern festival, the night which we planned our trip around. It was nice, but a bit underwhelming. Did not really walk away with any stunners.

This morning we went out for a sunrise walk. It was overcast, but the light was good. There are very few things that get me as excited as good light, and this morning I was definitely energized. Ran into our first rain of the trip so far. Took shelter under a tarp thing near the river, then when it let up wandered around the market. Have I mentioned I love markets? After we headed back for breakfast, and its been storming a bit and pouring, so, packed up our stuff and had some time to catch up on the blogs. Be sure to read Brian's blog as well.











Ordering tailored shirts seems to be the thing to do around here. So, we figured why not. Going to head out now to pick them up, we shall see what we get

No comments:

Post a Comment