Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hanoi

Spent yesterday meandering around Hanoi. For sunrise we went on Cau Long Bien bridge, then wandered around a local market. Markets are one of my favorite places to explore. So many interesting foods, faces, colors, and smells.


A pineapple vendor riding across the Cau Long Bien Bridge.


A shot from the market in Hanoi.

At the market I asked in vain many times to photograph people, a bit disappointing but tried to make the best of it. Did not take nearly as many photos as I would have liked.

Later in the morning we went to see Ho Chi Minh's mausoleum, which was quite interesting. No cameras allowed inside, so sorry, no pics of the man. It took a while, but I slowly found people willing to let me take their photo.


Pineapple vendor on the streets of Hanoi


Brian, what a tourist. We were accosted by a couple of banana vendors who would not let us leave without taking photos of us with their hat and bananas. They then insisted on selling us over priced bananas, which I later found out were all mashed on not fit to eat.

Time in Hanoi was nice, but, its a big city. I am looking forward to heading to Ha Long to get some clean fresh ocean air. More than likely no internet connection tonight, perhaps again tomorrow I will be able to update again.
The laptop wifi is working again for some reason, but, have to leave soon to head to Ha Long Bay, so no time for more detailed update.


View Hanoi in a larger map
We walked alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment