Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lima

Tonight is the last night in Peru, we are ending the trip where it began the first morning, at cafe Zeta. Not only is the food good, they have a good wifi hotspot. We have not had Internet at the apartment for the past couple days, this is why there has been a lack of updates.

Last night we ate at one of the top 50 restaurants in the world, Astrid Y Gaston. We had an 11 course meal which lasted over 3 hours. The dishes were absolutely amazing, definitely some of the best food I have eaten in my entire life. We all left feeling fat and happy, our wallets lighter, but our hearts and stomachs fully satisfied.



One of the dishes, guinea pig in Chinese disguise. Absolutely fantastic. (my apologies for bringing up memories of childhood pets)



One of the desert dishes, sorbet with mango and coconut tapioca. Delicious.

The dinner was a fantastic experience, and we were fortunate to have two of our friends from the hike join us for the meal.

Tonight we had the best sunset of the trip, the sky was pretty clear and the colors were fantastic. I shot a few time lapses and we enjoyed the sunset from the rooftop terrace while drinking wine.




Tomorrow morning we head to the airport and say goodbye to Peru. It was an unforgettable time, I will share more photos as I go through them and actually have consistent Internet access. For now, I'm going to enjoy my last meal here.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Diagonal,Lima District,Peru

No comments:

Post a Comment