Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It has been a very busy couple days. Yesterday we arose at 5am to fly to Cusco. We arrived at Cusco airport and could almost immediately feel the effects of the altitude. Shortness of breath, walking up an airport ramp was unusually tiresome. We arrived at our hotel, Don Bosco, which is fantastic, a very unique place.

Cusco is a beautiful city. We spent yesterday and today exploring and getting ourselves acclimated to the altitude. We are feeling better today than yesterday, though still not 100%. Tomorrow morning the long Inca Trail hike starts...we shall see how that goes. It is one of the rare times I regret my path of photography. My camera gear alone weighs more than my friends entire packs.

Internet has been a bit slow, and I have not had much computer time. Here are a few photos from the past couple days. Forgive me since I will be silent again for 4 days while I am on the hike. Hopefully once back in Lima I will have plenty of time to go through and post more photos.


Scott drinking matte de coca



Church in the main square



Women in a market in Cusco

No comments:

Post a Comment