Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wiñay Wayna

Winay Wayna Ruins

These are the Wiñay Wayna Ruins, which were probably my favorite place along the Inca Trail. Although it can not compete with the scale of Macchu Pichu, its sheer beauty and surroundings make it just as awe inspiring. I think what really made this place special was the solitude. We had the entire place to ourselves, it was just the 18 of us and the ruins. Our guide Marco gave a talk toward the top of the ruins in a semi circular room with windows looking out over the valley and the jungle. I think it was pretty safe to say that these windows had some of the best views of any windows any where in the world.



Waterfall through one of the windows

After our talk, we were given time to wander around the ruins. Although as always, never as much time as I would like to take photos.

Winay Wayna Ruins

Wnay Wayna Ruins

Winay Wayna Ruins

Winay Wayna Ruins

The next batch of photos I hope to work on are of Macchu Pichu. Hopefully next week I will have a batch up on the website. As always, click on any image to view it larger and be taken to the gallery on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment